Monday, December 9, 2013

Turtle and Day 342 Super Sketchy Sunday


Pardon my photography and cropping.  I am using a new program and am trying to fine tune it, I guess one picture at a time.  As I have mentioned before, I love the color green.  The dominate color of my stash is green.  I've made 150+ cards with my stash and I still have so much to play with.


My inspiration for this card came from 365 Cards: Day 342 Super Sketchy Sunday.  Whenever I start a card, I like to find a sketch that speaks to me, one that is clean and simple.  This example has holly/berries, very Christmasy.  But I am thinking outside the box here.  I call this a generic card.  This turtle is so darn cute.  I was in a paper piecing swaps 5-10 years ago and I got this little guy. I added Glossy Accents to his shell and the little glitter spots on the paper piecing that I had from a kit.  And he seemed to fit perfect here.  The sentiment is a ribbon with the words printed on it.  I do like the monarch die from My Favorite Things.  I had already punched this out and it was in my 'ready to use' stash.  How lucky was that!

You know my new commitment to decorate the inside too, so here it is.  
For the embellishment, I used a felt green flower and the die cut that I purchased in a kit.


Thanks for stopping by.  I love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.  

Traci




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card! I admire you for using up what you have. It is really hard not to buy more things like ribbon, brads, etc., even after I have went digital on my stamps & paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute!!!! :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cute turtle!!! thanks soo much or joining up at 365 Cards this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete