Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dynamic Duo 84 ad FMC 117

This card was a lot of fun to make.  I am finding myself gravitating toward simple, clean lines.  Freshly Made Card Challenge 117 made it so easy.  And what made it even easier was using the Dynamic Duo Color Challenge.  I was able to pull from my stash some texture papers that go well together, cut them different widths and lengths, cut the ends for ribbon tails.  I found it easier to have a scrap piece of CS, 1/2" x 3", apply my tape runner adhesive.


That way I could place and reposition if needed these ribbons.  I trimmed the top to a nice clean line.  The stamp is from Stamps of Life that I had cut apart.  The words were stacked and I wanted them to be side by side.  I had to get my glasses on for this one since it is a pretty small stamp.  I added hand drawn stitching lines on the white CS.  I had to ink the edges of just one of the ribbons so it stands out a bit more.

 And then the fiber.  I am determined in using all those fibers.  I was in several exchanges many years ago (when I was active on Two Peas) and I got so many fibers in different colors and textures.  I just hate to throw them out.  Because of the thickness of the fibers, I put foam tape under the white CS.

I have decorated the inside of every card I've been making lately, but I felt this card needed it.  Thanks for stopping by!   Traci

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love your faux stitching and the fun fibers. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I actually make something cool with "leftover". Your creation is proof of keeping your stash! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great combination of challenges! Love the clean lines and those fibers are a super choice! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the challenge colors! I love your gorgeous ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete