Monday, December 9, 2013

Shellibrate, 365 Cards Day341 and Techo Stamper 292





Aren't these turtles cute? These are by Stamps of Life by Stephanie Bernard.  There are cute designs you can stamp for their shells, but I decided to paper piece it, for a 365 Cards Challenge.  And the Sketch is from Techno Stamper: Monday Lunchtime Sketch 292.

I wish I had a plain oval die(s).  Looks like I will add it to my wishlist.  So I used my scalloped edged oval, that I sponged Momento Dew Drop in Bamboo Leaves.  I colored the legs and head with prismacolor pencils.  The paper piecing I did put Glossy accents all over the little turtle's shell and the dots on the bigger turtle's shell.  The solid orange paper is some beautiful origami paper and you can see the polka dot dark orange scrap that I had.  For the banner, I stamped the sentiment that comes with the stamp set in black and cut a long rectangle.  I used my scoreboard to score the fold lines 1/8" apart from each other and the ends were hand cut.  I've seen videos where they use a square punch on an angle to cut the ends, but I haven't mastered that yet.

Thanks for stopping by!  I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.

Traci

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at 365.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scallop edge die on this. Those turtles are adorable--as is your card, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete