Friday, December 27, 2013

Big Hugs





How do you like my new blog look?  I am still so new to this, always tweaking, changing, trying to improve.  Any comments or advice is appreciated.  Just be gentle...


I finally got a chance to make a card this week.  I fell in love with the color choices from Colour Me...!    This challenge is designed for us color lovers.  New challenges every week.  These colors tend to be used for Christmas cards, but I am so over making Christmas cards.  I am wanting/needing to make general sentiment cards.  Luckily, in my stash I have all the colors that are in the challenge.  Yea me!  These colors are so rich, I love them!  Their launch is next week.  Looks like I got a head start!

PPA185I chose to use the sketch from Pals Paper Arts 185.  The design team make such lovely samples.  You know, I've been doing some new things (they are new to me).  I get so many wonderful ideas from so many great blogs.  One great idea was to take this tag die (from My Favorite Things) which measures 4" tall.  I ran it thru my Big Shot.  Then I took the cut tag and laid the die on top of it again 1.5" from one end, and ran it through my Big Shot again.  That shortened the tag to the right size for this card.  I stamped the sentiment in black in and those cute flowers are from a punch I've had for a good 10 years.  I love daisies, my favorite flower.  Of course, the gold was run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder (swirls).  As for depleting my stash, all of the papers used where scraps that I was able to use up completely, not only for the outside of the card, but also the inside.

Thank you for stopping by!  Traci

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs to you Traci! This card is so rich in its coloring. The stripes are a nice contrast to the swirly embossing folder. Thank you for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both color and sketch challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combination and the flowers are a sweet finishing touch! Love what you did with your blog...very creative. However it did take me a few tries to figure out how to comment = ) Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts! I hope you play along with us again.

    ReplyDelete