Thursday, December 5, 2013

Congrats and Retro Sketches #92




Retro Sketches have a sketch this week that was certainly a challenge to me.  I don't want all cards this time of year to be Christmas themed.  So I chose a color that I am not that confident with: peach.  Actually, it didn't start that way.  I started with the circle and how to embellish it.  I love these flowers from Prima.  In my stash I had this blue fabric strip.  I have NO idea where that came from.  Remember I've been doing this for 20 years and there are some memory lapses.  I pulled the other colors from the strips on the blue fabric and that's where the peach comes in.  Of course I used an embossing folder on the lighter peach.  I sponged orange Momento Dew Drops onto the green.  The sentiment is from a stamp set from My Favorite Things.  Don't you love that huge button?    Normally I would show the inside, but it's late and I haven't completed that yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment