Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hugs & Kisses



I received some good news today and in a way to celebrate, I went shopping.  I bought a new stamp set from Hero Arts (You & Me).  I knew it would be perfect for Valentine's Day cards.  I try to think ahead.  One thing most know about me, I am not a procrastinator.  I used to have tons of embossing powder, but for the life of me, I don't know why I got rid of it.  So, I looked at Michaels for black and white embossing powder.  Luckily I do have embossing ink even with a refill.  I haven't used them in forever and the pads are looking a bit funky.  So I think I may be needing some new embossing pads too.  But, back to my buying spree today, I purchased some embossing powder and not sure what the heck I bought.  It's clear powder, but it's sticky even when I heat set it.  It's nice that I can add more powder to give more texture, but I think it's for adding glitter.  That is one thing I am NOT a fan of: GLITTER!!  So, I guess I will be ordering some embossing powders online soon.

The sketch is from Clean & Simple #269. Their example used snowflakes and was absolutely gorgeous.  As much as I would have loved to copy that, I couldn't.  But I do have hearts.  Only stamps right now.  I used the khaki CS as the base that is lightly inked around the edges in hot pink.  I stamped the words in the same color ink.  I embossed about 24 hearts in different sizes and different colors and cut them out.  Of course I didn't use very many.  For the final touch, I put glossy accents on the two hearts that are on the sentiment section.  This super clean and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment