Sunday, December 22, 2013

I Heart You

I normally don't make two cards of the same things.  Once in while, it just makes sense.  I am making these for Operation Write Home.  They can be used any time for anyone they love.  First I made the white CS.  The embellishments are from My Minds Eye (the bracket) and I used my Posies Die from My Favorite Things for the flowers which were cut from My Minds Eye glitter paper.  My daughter likes the kraft colored card better.  I only rounded two opposite corners.


I inked the edges of all embellishments with Momento Rhubarb Stalk.  I curled up the edges a bit. The sentiment was in the same ink as well.  Let me mention a word or two about the sentiment.  Like I've said before, I've been stamping for 20 years.  I had these alphabet stamps for a while.  I remember that I had to mount them myself and apply the stickers.  I haven't used them in years.  They were stored in a sandwich bag.  Some of the rubber had some off the wood which gave me the grand idea to take off them off.  And I tossed the wood.  And I have no regrets!  I put them sticky side down in a box of cling stamps that I won from Stampin Up.  I had to do some trimming on the letters to get them to line up.  I love the heart that came with the alphabet.  There's a star and a square and numbers!    I hope to be using them more now that I can put them on my stamp block and stamp the word at the same time.

The elegant sketch is from CAS(e) this Sketch 51.  I am also entering this into Muse Challenge 48.  .  I am using the die cut flowers as my inspiration.  This is my first time participating in their challenge.  I like the fact that you need to leave comments on three other entries and them vote for your favorite. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Traci

2 comments:

  1. What a fun interpretation of this week's Muse! Thanks so much for joining us! See you in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards & great idea taking the letter stamps off the wood! I've done that with a few of my old wooden stamps--especially ones that weren't on straight.

    ReplyDelete