Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Big Hello!




I have been a busy bee this weekend, making all sorts of cards for some very fun challenges.  And then to ship them off to Operation Write Home.  I have several boxes of cards but I can't send all of them mainly because they are too thick.  And I'm in the mood to make Valentine's Day cards, but the cut off is too soon for me.  So my cards will be more 'love' cards.

Try Stamping on Tuesday 147
If you know me, I love green!  Can never get tired of that color.  It's definitely my "go to" color.  I fell in love with the sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday 147.  Simple elegance!  The flowers are from Prima that I have layered and attached a brad in the center.  My favorite part of the card is normally the flowers, but I am liking the sentiment.  I tried something new, not sure how it would work, but I stamped the sentiments in the Distressed Ink pad and used clear sticky embossing powder (that's all I have-I have some other colors coming from Simon Says-yea!).  The ink was pretty wet, the embossing powder worked wonderful!  I repeated the embossing powder 3 times.  I wanted to make sure it stood out, and it certainly did.

I wanted the tag to stand out a bit, so I used my mounting tape, which is almost gone and you can see.  I am hoping my photos are looking better.  I got a new phone this week.  Finally gave the iPhone the boot (which was going crazy, doing all kinds of stupid stuff) and switched to the Galaxy s4.  I am still trying to get used to it.  One of the reasons I got it is because of the camera.  I am loving the results.

Thanks for stopping by!       Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment