Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thank You Fusion Card Challenge




 Today, as I was perusing the internet for any card challenges, I happened to find Fusion Card Challenge.  It appears that they were closing down their challenge but changed their minds when they received many emails asking them not to.  I am so glad they did!  Not only are they continuing on with the challenge, they are looking for DT members.  As much as I would love to put my name in the hat for a DT position, I don't think I can commit to this.  But one of you might...hint, hint.





The challenge is to use just the sketch (which is what I did) or use just the photo (which I am thinking is red and white Christmas) or do both.  Now how cool is that?  I love having options!

Of course, I don't want to make another Christmas card, but I do like Christmas colors. And there is no such thing as too many Thank You cards, right?  For this card I went digging a bit in my stash.  The green circle patterned paper really called my name today.  I love green!  So I have many shades of green scrap paper.  I like the little pop of red.  The round button is actually from an old Basic Grey kit.

There is foam tape under the red solid and the red pattered paper.  I love how it really stands out. I inked the edges of the "ribbons' and adhered foam tape to them to make them stand up a bit.  The sentiment is from Stamps of Life Mums2stamp.
Be sure to check out her website.

Of course, I cannot say this card is complete if I don't decorate the inside.

Thank you for stopping by.  Feel free to join my mailing list.



6 comments:

  1. I love that you decorated the inside and out. This is a gorgeous take on the sketch. I love the mix/match of patterns on the banner. I'm so glad you could play along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this great card on the Fusion Challenge blog...had to stop by to tell you how much I liked it! It's a really cute take on the sketch and you chose beautiful patterned paper to go along with it. I always love to see how people coordinate the inside of their cards too...why don't I? You have really inspired me to do a better job on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Since I am trying to deplete my stash, it makes sense to decorate the inside to dwindle the excess that I have. I'd love to see how you embellish the inside of your cards.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, what a wonderfully fun card, and what a great mission statement ... "not to purchase any more supplies and use up your stash" We should all do that, for at least part of the year (month?!) Anyway, sure hope to see you again at the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Thank You card Traci :) So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my...what gorgeous, glowing colors!?!? It's beautiful! I SO love how you've used the sketch, here!!! So glad you could play along with us at FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete