Sunday, December 15, 2013

Retro Sketches 94 and SSC65


 This card is really showing how old my stash is.  This card is retro in the fact that I am using embellishments that people don't use much any more.  First, the chipboard.  I got this 3-4 years ago.  It was plain.  I covered it with patterned paper and inked the edges.  The eye is a brad, which is second.  I don't see many brads on projects lately.  I have so many!  At least I think I do.

And thirdly, the paper under the bird.  I don't even know what it's called anymore!  It's been at least 10 years since I bought it.  It's like super thin homemade paper (like mulberry paper without the strands).
See how the edges fray?  I got that effect by putting my straight edge on top of the paper and ripping (cutting) the edge to the size I want. In the past,  I've also wet the shape or size of the paper that I wanted the frayed edges.   I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right.  I can make a post just on this paper (and mulberry paper) if anyone is interested.

As you can see, I am changing my photos.  I've learned to add the watermark.  I am still experimenting with lighting.  As of right now, I am using my phone to take photos.

  http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/2013/12/retrosketches-94.html .http://sundaystamps.blogspot.com/2013/12/ssc65-were-feeling-neutral.html

This will be my first time to participate with Sunday Stamps.  The design team did a beautiful job with wonderful examples.  Retro Sketches amazes me with their very creative sketches.

Before I forget, I wanted to say something about the three little embellishments on the bottom right coroner.  I really like the look of gems and I go through them like water.  With my commitment to to buy anymore embellishments, I made my own.  I inked up the saffron color CS and using my Crop a dile, I punched three circles, glued them in place and added Glossy Accents on top.  By adding yellow to this corner, I helped balanced the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Traci

5 comments:

  1. Lovely use of our colours for this challenge. Love all of the texture displayed on your card, well done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Sunday Stamps Traci! Glad you played along with us and hope you will join us again. Really like how you used the colors in your card, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! I love your shading and that mulberry paper is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps - we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps! Great job with our colours - love the textures and embellishments you used. Hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute..I love the bird image. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete