Saturday, February 1, 2014

Card Bowl 2014

Operation Write Home is having a Super Bowl themed challenge.  We must make a masculine card and it needs to reflect one of the teams that is playing on Sunday.  I have friends that are fans of each team.  I haven't watched a game all season, so who should I pick?  Of course, Seattle Seahawks!  My girls were born in Olympia, WA, so I do have some connection with Seattle.  I have another reason why I chose them.  If you know me at all, you know I love GREEN!  So the Broncos didn't have a chance.

As for my card, I have a few confessions to make.  I have tried and tried and tried (get the hint?) to get the ink to cover this stamp.  It's a recent purchase from Simon Says Stamps.  I have tried different inks, different papers, embossing.  It doesn't matter.  I have to say it's getting better the more I use it.  In the meantime, I'm liking the weathered look of it.  My in-house critic (my daughter) said that what she liked the most about it.  So go figure!

Hope you will be surrounding by football fans on Sunday.  I know I will. 

Thanks for stopping by!    Traci

1 comment:

  1. Love the distressed look, even if it was unintentional. I, too, struggle with stamps that have large inked spaces....

    ReplyDelete