Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Color Throwdown 277 and Freshly Made Sketches 121

I must admit this a re-do of a card that I was going to submit to these challenges.  The first one had embossing paste that I had colored blue and used this same stencil by Studio Calico.  It was a bit messy looking and my in-house critic (my daughter) turned her nose up to it.  I took the hint and refined it.  I must say, this is much cleaner, nicer.  I hope you like it.

I chose these colors from Color Throwdown 277.  Such sweet colors.  I am not usually a pastel person, but I can try.  I am always up for the challenge.

Freshly Made Sketches is a favorite of mine.  I love the clean lines, which is really my style.  Not to say that I don't venture out to collage and on a rare occasion Shabby Chic. 

This being my 4th post today, I am saying it's my last one.  I have had a fantastic day off playing, but must get some stuff done.  (I have Bunco tonight!  How fun is that?)

Thanks for stopping by!    Traci

11 comments:

  1. Hi Traci : what a darling card soft and cute love your color choices and design. I love visiting and becoming a new follower at the different blogs we all work so hard on. I am now your follower come and visit my blog sometime .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is lovely! The colors are sweet and I love the clean design! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Traci. Love the pretty flower and those sencil lines. Great use of the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those "in-house" critics sure are a tough crowd! I don't know what the other card looked like, but this one sure is nice! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your CAS design! Those stencil lines are a great addition as is that sweet little flower! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely Traci - beautiful colour combo and such a lovely clean style! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great take on the sketch and I love how you used the colors...beautifully done!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traci your card really jumped out at me when I was adding my link to CTD, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the clean and fresh design! Perfect combination of the 2 challenges! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete