Saturday, January 11, 2014

Using Chalkboard Technique


I really like using the chalkboard technique.  This week on OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge is Chalkboard.  I stamped this lovely stamp by Hero Arts in Hero Arts ink Unicorn.  I recently purchased their ink cubes in a variety of colors and am so glad I chose this.  It's a bit gooey but not like pigment ink, so I heat set it.  I colored in the word 'Nicest' with a white pencil for enhance the chalkboard effect.

 You may recognize the sketch.  It's sketch #206 from Operation Write Home that I posted earlier.  I modified it a bit. The bottom layer is vellum that has a stripe.  I want to say I got this 12 years ago from Close to My Heart.  I dug out my photo corners to attach the vellum to the black card base.  I have like a bejillion of those in white, kraft and black.  I promise I won't use them on every card.  The red is very sparkly.  I embossed it with clear embossing powder with my new favorite stamp, Tiny Flags by Hero Arts.  The red is double matted.  On the inside, I used white cs with a strip of red down the left side.

Thanks for stopping by!  Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment