Saturday, January 11, 2014

Paper Pieced Hearts JUGS 223








Hi, my name is Traci and I am a Stamp YouTube Video-aholic. I am addicted to those instructive, beautifly stamped craft items.  I knew it was a problem when I was watching more than doing.  And those scraps don't get used up on their own, do they?  Some good has come from these videos, especially when I was in bed with the flu last week.  Let me show you the one that totally 'freed' me from my scraps.

All I can say is, Thank you so much Sandy!  Now my scraps are manageable. By cutting them into strips and I will eventually get them organized by color, it made it super easy to make this card.  I got the inspiration from Jennifer McGuire, but was unable to upload her video.  I am entering it in the Just Us Girls Challedn 223.  This week's technique is Paper Piecing.



First I used what scrap piece of cs I had on my workstation, which happened to be a white circle.  I chose some coordinating colors that didn't scream Valentine's but gave the sentiment of love.  And of course, you knew that I had to have green.  I cut my strips into thinner strips and glued them on top of the circle.  I used a glue stick on the circle, all over the circle.  I laid the thin strips in random order.  I used my brand new die from Lawn Fawn, Hearts.  There are 6 sizes of hearts in this set.  I chose not to separate the dies in fear on losing one or two because a couple of them are pretty small. Because I didn't separate them the stripes are all different, which is rather cool.  I die cut some pink hearts too and arranged them on my card.  My sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I love that ampersand!  The inside has white CS with pink hearts to echo what's going on on the front.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love your colorful hearts! Thanks for sharing the video on organizing and using scraps. I haven't seen it before. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the pink and green color combo, and I have that same set of hearts from Lawn Fawn! Gonna try your paper scrap trick, for sure. I am getting a kick out of your stash-busting series. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so sweet! I love those hearts and they way they are all a little different really adds to this. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anything to do with hearts! So glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls. Great colors too! Loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card and great colors! Your video was a hoot pardner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink and green are favorites of mine so I love your card! Great! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card...and I'm a UTube/pinterest addict...I have watched several of Sandy's videos but I missed this one...lots of great info there...tfs Sharing...Jill who is going to go and make a kite card now...smile.

    ReplyDelete