Monday, January 27, 2014

Creating in My New Place

I finally got moved and settled into my new place.  It's nice to be unpacked and free to do some creating. 

I was debating on taking this online class Stenciled.  Mainly because I worked the weekend of the class and knew more than likely I wouldn't be able to create until after the class was over.  But I took a chance and felt that I can always use the information later. 

So this is one of the techniques that was taught in the class.  You take a stencil, sponge one color. Shift the stencil a bit and stencil another color.  I chose to use this Heidi Swapp 6x6 stencil.  The first color I used was Hero Arts Soft Pool, and the shifts color is HA Soft Granite.  I wanted to get a shadow effect.  I only sponged up a portion of the stencil. 

Another tip I learned in this class is that you can cut out your die in white cs and ink it the color you want.  You can use markers or stamp pads.  Duh!  Why didn't I think of that.  My old way of thinking would be to search high and low in my stash for this color of blue.  Instead I sponged it with my dauber.  I am using all my new stuff that I got for the class, Neenah c/s (I like!), Simon Says Stamp die-hello (I like), Wink of Stella pen (I really like!).  With that being said, I used the Wink of Stella on the sentiments and the large diamonds in my stencil.  I trimmed it down and used foam dots for dimension onto NSW (Neenah Solar White cs).

Now off for more creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment