Monday, January 27, 2014

Watercolor on Stencils

On to card #2 for tonight!  This is part of the Stenciled class that I took over the weekend.  If I had to choose my favorite technique (at least for now), it's watercoloring.  I purchased this watercolor paper at Michaels.  It works well.  Trying to get adjusted to the ivory color instead of white.  I believe Tim Holtz's watercolor paper is white, so I need to add it to my wishlist.

Anyway, back to this card and technique.  On Day 2 of this class, we learned how to use a stencil to watercolor.  I used two Distressed Ink pads and the Tim Holtz watercolor brush.  It worked wonderfully!  There are a few places where it got a little too watery and bled under the stencil.  I am okay with the imperfection.  It just authenticates that it was handcrafted.  I cut the watercolor paper a bit smaller so I could mat it on this beautiful dark blush color cs. 

It needed a little something extra, like the flowers.  I dug in my punch drawer and found this punch.  The paper for the flowers is a bit lighter than the mat. I inked the edges and then put it in my cushy mat (like for paper piercing), and used the end of my paintbrush (because I couldn't find my stylus) and pressed in the center of the flower so give the flower some dimension.  I used Glossy Accents to adhere it to the card and in the center of the flower.  The sentiment stamp I've had forever!  I used one of the Distressed Inks so I made sure the colors matched.

Thanks for stopping by!       Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment