Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Earthquake Cards

I was going through my stash, pulling some things out to give to a friend and came across this beautiful wisteria flowers from Anna Griffin from many moons ago.  They were on a 12x12 sheet and I just fell in love with them.  I cut them into manageable sizes and then put them away.  Until now.  I am calling these my earthquake cards because I was up (way too late, like 1:35am) creating them when the ground began to shake.  I am not native to CA, but I have become accustomed to them.  They aren't so bad, especially this one.  It was a 4.4.  It's strong enough to get your attention but not too strong to knock things off the wall.  It lasted maybe 10 seconds and then done. 

I was trying some new techniques to me.  I wanted to try 3 different ways using ink and embossing folders.  I love this folder I used.  I don't know the name, but it's certainly appropriate.  This first one, I embossed just plain while cs and ran the stamp pad over the raised edges.  It's the lightest of the three.



This next one is where I rubbed the ink pad on the raised impressions on the embossing folder, put white CS in folder.  The ink transferred to the cs.  It turned out lovely.





This last one I did the opposite of the embossing folder, rubbed the ink pad on the depressed impressions, put white CS in folder.  It definitely looks different.

I had a lot of fun playing with this technique.  It's nice seeing the same card side by side.  I chose sympathy cards since I didn't have a one! 

Thanks for stopping by!    Traci

2 comments:

  1. Great use of your stash! Pretty cards. I'm trying to do more of that these days too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci you must live near by because we felt it too. I was sound asleep.
    Love your new techniques and gorgeous flowers . Beautiful sympathy cards!

    ReplyDelete