Saturday, February 22, 2014

Out of this World

I am always amazed when a card takes a life of it's own.  It's been happening at my Craft Corner quite a bit lately.  I knew that I wanted to do the sketch from Unscripted Sketches #245. I knew I wanted to do a watercolor effect on the larger circle.  I picked my favorites of Distressed Inks.  I also wanted the stars (getting bored with flowers and hearts today).  I put all that on the card and it still needed something.  So, I pulled out this new stencil I recently purchased but haven't used yet.  These elements on their own are great.  When I pulled it altogether, it look like a planetary scene.  It was certainly not my intent! 
Sketch_245I am trying a new technique that Jennifer McGuire shared recently: inlay die cut.  I really like the look of the duo colored die cut that is flat.

Thanks for stopping by!  

Traci

4 comments:

  1. I love the funky spots on your background! And the colors are so much fun! Great job with the sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card -love the watercolor effect! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. Love. Love the color combo!!! So Pretty and BOLD! Thanks for joiining us at Unscripted Sketches! So FUN to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how bright and cheery your card is! Thanks for playing along with US this week :)

    ReplyDelete