Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Colour Me...!, Seize the Sketch and Lawn Fawn

This week, I received my first Lawn Fawn set and dies.  I really like their font.  I am looking forward to tomorrow when we can purchase their new stamps.  I have my eyes on a few. 

I chose this set to practice my watercoloring.  I am still a novice, so go easy on me.  And I must admit, these are my first experience of using a die that is designed for the stamp set.  I know I feel so behind the times.  When I took a break from stamping/scrapping, that's when everything in this industry seemed to explode.  There is so much out there.  I am so looking forward to what else lies before us stampers.

I am using Seize the Sketch #14 and the colors from Colour Me..(subtle)!  Subtle colors of Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding and a neutral.  Such beautful colors and eye catching sketch.  I used HA cubes and Distressed inks.  IMO, yes, the hero arts can be used to watercolor, but they are not as easy to use as the distressed ink.  The green HA ink (Green Hills) broke down into yellow with specks of blue on my watercolor pen, which I found very strange.  The HA blue (soft pool) was fine.  Because the green turned into yellow, I used Peeled Paint.  The brown is HA Cup O Joe.




11 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful...awesome choice of colors and watercoloring!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun balloon! Thanks for joining in at STS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love the balloon and the stitched border. Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card and that image is just perfect for your lovely watercoloring. What a great use of this week's colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great font and your watercoloring looks perfect to me.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great watercoloring...love the way you've used our challenge colors! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun use of our colours this week. Love the sweet balloon and cute sentiment :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your colouring is fab Traci. I saw your card on the Seize the Sketch and absolutely fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely job watercoloring that cute balloon! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card! Love your take on the color combo and sketch!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete