Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mod Squad, Butterfly Challenge, Card Fusion

This may be my last card posted tonight.  It's for three challenges:  Mod Squad: Go for the Gold, Butterfly Challenge, and Fusion Card #4.

I used my gold Encore pigment ink with clear embossing powder.  The other colors are gelatos. These are still fairly new to me.  I find it best to color them onto the cs, spritz with water and rub with my finger to spread the color.  Easy to manage the colors that way.  I like it vibrant, so I didn't pat off any moisture, just used my heat tool to dry it.  The butterfly was stamped with a juicy black inkpad as well as the sentiment.  The sentiment is actually from a Christmas set from The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Bernard.  I used the clear wink of Stella on the sentiment and the black strip in the center.    This was placed on a lavender cs with a top fold. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Traci
Grab My Button.Mod Squad Challenge Blog

7 comments:

  1. Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing spritz and gelatos and the cardstock matching the other panel, DELISH!
    Love this card!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Traci with the spritz background. Unfortunately it does not qualify for the challenge as the butterflies need to be with flowers. Thank you so much for fluttering by my new venture. There is still time to enter a card though showing butterflies and flowers and would love to see you flutter back. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo how gorgeous are those colors!? LOVE this! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, those colours are fabulous! I haven't tried gelatos, but you have me tempted. :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this at Mod Squad and just had to comment. This color combo looks fantastic! Love how you worked with the Gelatos. I, too, use Stamps of Life stamps-thought I recognized that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now THAT is a classy and fabulous background with that technique!!! And the butterflies look like they're just floating above it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete