Sunday, February 23, 2014

Seize the Birthday Love

How to make a birthday card with a heart that doesn't look like a Valentine's card?  That was my question this morning.  I was up for the challenge.

Since I don't color with markers, I didn't think I would ever use this set (raccoons2love by The Stamps of Life).  As in the words of Darnell Knauss (djkardkreations), this is a NBUS card.  (Never Been Used Schtuff).  I have been experimenting with watercoloring and decided to try it with Ricky Raccoon.  I have found my new favorite black ink for watercolor, okay for everything.  It's Hero Arts Black.  Look how crisp it is!  I did use distressed markers for watercoloring (I only own white, black and pumice stone), which worked out perfectly.  I had the birthday sentiment for ages (I am sure Darnell has a acronym for that too!).

With all this being said, I am entering it into Seize the Birthday: Time for a Little Love.

Our Badge

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out, Traci! We are in the "great minds think alike" category of using up our schtuff (in my case, out the one hand while buying with the other! Sigh!). I love that you used your NBUS Ricky and, wow, what a great job of coloring you did! That whole card layout is adorable and I hope that means you will use that set a lot now coz it's so darn cute!! (Thanks for the ink review, too. I haven't tried that one.)

    As far as using up the schtuff you've had for ages and ages, yes, there is an acronym for that, but this time I didn't come up with it. I think it might have been Sandra from Stamping for Pleasure. She simply calls it VOS ... very old stuff! Ha, perfect, right?!

    Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Love that cute raccoon and this lay out is great! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and Creative! I love this card! Thanks for playing along and sharing it with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable and creative. Love that cute raccoon. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and lovely!
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete