Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Card Concept #4 & Simply Create Too #55

I know many of those on the stamping blogs I follow have been having one heck of winter.  So much snow!  I've seen the pics!  Around here (Southern CA), we wonder which day was winter.  I think it hit in the 30's one night since Thanksgiving.  I think.  The trees are budding, allergies are starting.  It's Spring around here.  And this card definitely says SPRING.

I am entering this in two challenges.  Card Concept #4 is looking for floral cards.  This is barely floral, but I did add three little spring blooms.  Simply Create Too #55 has a really fun challenge.  They are looking for St. Patty cards (darn, no stamps!) or something with green.  I can use most of my cards, since that's the color I used on 95% of my cards. 

I stenciled the leaves with Distressed Ink Peeled Paint.  The flowers are from Stephanie Bernard Sizzix combo (stamps and dies)  that I bought at Hobby Lobby last weekend.  Hobby Lobby is opening a store near me on Friday.  I was out of town this past weekend and saw one that was calling my name to go visit.  I used the Momemento Dew Drops Dandelion ink. 
Simply Create Too

9 comments:

  1. Clean, Crisp and so Creative. I love it all. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Traci: Your green leaves card is very pretty--[I use lots of greens on my cards too]. Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Traci! Those yellow flowers smile spring to me! TFS We had some snow here in North Alabama, but milder temp this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I love how you inked the leaves and your flowers are just beautiful...this card really stands out in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that our "green" challenge was right up your alley! What a lovely card. Love the touch of yellow. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love how you've coloured the leaves and the pretty yellow flowers are so cheery, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful clean card. I love the pop of the yellow flowers and sentiment. So glad you were able to join us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty with those little flowers! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too. Hugs, Cornelia - DT

    ReplyDelete