Saturday, February 22, 2014

Retro Sketch and Dynamic Duo #91


I am in love with this stamp set by Lawn Fawn.  I watercolored it earlier this week and today I paper pieced it.  The color choices are from The Triple Threat Week at Dynamic Duo.  I would have loved to have added some blue for the sky, but I wanted to go by the rules.  It's hard to see the soft orange clouds and the Wink of Stella clear glitter.  As for the baker's twine, there's a story.  You know how I am trying to get rid of my stash, I just want to say that I did not buy the baker's twine.  I won some supplies about two years ago (I know, right!) that included white baker's twine.  I colored three strands in the three color inkpads. 

The sketch is from Retro Sketch #103.  It's a tag challenge (obviously!).  I don't make many tags, so it was a nice challenge for me.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously, this is so charming, Traci! If it were up to me you would win for that reason, but then I would give you ANOTHER win for dying your white twine to perfectly match the color palette! Hola!! You ROCKED this!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love your paper piecing and dyed twine- great job! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet tag and your creative idea in coloring your own twine! Thanks so much for playing along at Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute what a great image for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete