Saturday, February 1, 2014

Retro sketches 100 and Dynamic Duos 88





Woo Hoo!  Retro Sketches is celebrating their 100th sketch.  I remember when they first started.  Still as wonderful today as they were 100 sketches ago.  I wanted to help celebrate with them by using their sketch.

I am also using the colors from Dynamic Duos #88, Red and Teal.  I just got this Distress Ink Peacock Feathers just a couple of days ago.  The red is Simon Says Stamp Lipstick Red.  They look so good together.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I would have put them together.  I'm broadening my horizons!

The banners are stamped with little pearls on the end.  The sentiment I die cut out of white cs and inked it so it would match perfectly.  Got that great idea from Jennifer McGuire!  Since I don't have any twine (remember-depleting my stash includes not purchasing any new embellishments like twine and washi tape), I did happen to have some floss from my cross-stitch stash.  So glad it matched perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by!  Traci

5 comments:

  1. Love the fun banners and clean design! Beautiful CAS creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci, love this design! The banners and sentiment are wonderful! Thanks for joining the DD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your restraint in the "depleting the stash" journey! We can only wish for such self-control... That red floss works wonderfully as an accent. Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card. I love the colors you chose and how fresh it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. It is very eyecatching!

    ReplyDelete