Sunday, March 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Maria

What a wonderful day!  A day to celebrate Maria's birthday!  She is quite a card maker.  I am joining up with other well-wishers over at shirley-bee's stamping stuff and loading up my card.

I wanted to try my hand at this technique that I saw this week.  Kristina Werner posted a video where she used distressed markers, added water to soften/blend the colors, dried the card.  Okay, I've done all that before.  The part that intrigued me is the water spots.  She sprayed water in her hand and let the water drip from her hand onto the card.  Then with a dry cloth, dry up the water and you get these great faded spots.

This is the perfect background for my birthday card. I off set the YOU intentional.

Happy Birthday Maria!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Traci, and the bokeh effect is so appropriate for Maria! I like how you've offset the 'you' to add depth and interest. Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply gorgeous! I love anything watercolory, distressy...and your card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I need to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, this is just beautiful. Don't you love playing with Distress Inks? They have the best properties. I love the colors you chose, I could look at them for hours. And great idea to offset the die cut. That adds so much interest. Thanks so much for joining my party. Prosit!

    ReplyDelete