Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let's Start this Right!

So here is my first card of the New Year.  I am expecting 2012 to be a year of change in my stamping/scrapping/cardmaking world.  I am up to this challenge.

I perused the websites that offer challenges that allow me some time to make the card and post them.  After looking at a few, I chose to participate in three challenges with this card.

The sketch is from Sketch Saturday #188 .


Allsorts Challenge #135 wanted a card with New Beginnings.  My good friend Christy is having a baby shower on Saturday and I didn't have a card for her yet.  

365 Cards Day 305 wanted a card using a stamped sentiment as the background.


Because I am using up my stash, I have to approach these cards differently than I have in the past.  I recently separated my embellishments by color.  And I knew that I didn't have many baby boy items to play with.  I pulled out the Welcome and Baby Circles (gel stickers) first and used the colors to  bounce everything off of.  The green elephant (the card has to have green!) is chipboard as well as the blue tag.  The background that states BOY are alphabet stamps that I stamped in lavender ink on pale blue cs.  Congrats sentiment is a rub on.

Thanks for joining me on my Journey.  Feel free to be a follower.  Use the link at the top right corner.






4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous baby card Traci, love the different elements combined to create a fab design!
    Thanks for entering our New Beginnings challenge at Allsorts this week, good luck and Happy New Year!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too too sweet!! I love it! Great use of our challenge with this sketch! Thanks for joining us at 365 cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Traci, Thank you for playing at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute baby card! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and good luck! :D

    Hugz and TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete