Saturday, January 7, 2012

Colour Q 118, Freshly Made Sketches 16 and PWC 187

I have been having so much fun searching and researching on the internet for fun challenges.  I peek into other's blogs to see what their 'style' is and have discovered that some people enter LOTS of challenges for one card.  WOW!  I don't know if I would ever do that.  I think I like the challenge itself to make more cards, whereas there is a different card for each challenge.  What I do like is to have a challenge for a sketch, challenge for a color combination and challenge for a theme.  I like to limit it to that and I think that what I found with this card.


Paper Pretties 187 made is rather simple:  use brads or eyelets on your card.  Because I've had my stash for 18 years, I have so many colors of eyelets that I could have used.  But I chose to go with the brads because I am creating this card in the middle of the night and I don't want to wake the neighborhood with my pounding in the silence that my family enjoy during their slumber.

Colour Q 118 is where I got my color pallette:

And the inspiration for the sketch came from Freshly Made Sketches 16:

inspiration



The card is 5.5x4.25.  The white is a specialty paper that I bought some time ago, before all these die cuts came around.  I still have quite a bit of this so I am sure you will see more of this in the future.  The flowers are by Prima and the centers are brads.

I am on a roll, 0 new products purchased to make this card and I was able to deplete part of my stash.

Thanks for joining me on my Journey!

Traci, the Depleter


10 comments:

  1. So pretty! so glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card,Traci! congrats on not buying anything new. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ for the first challenge of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! That paper is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background paper! Perfect to set off those happy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on all those challenges. I'm with you on limiting the number I'll do for one card! Too confusing for me otherwise! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card. Thank you for reminding me that I need to use up some of that die cut paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card indeed ... love the colour combination!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combination of challenges! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete