Monday, May 7, 2012

Journey Count: 84


I am doing my best to delete my stash.  I am getting a bit concerned because I am almost out of white cardstock.  I have white parchment and glossy white cardstock left.  I like the glossy, but it has a tendency to curl, so I am trying not to use it.  To be true to my journey, I may just have to.

I haven't done a card count in a while.  When I was done counting, I just couldn't believe it.  I've made 84 cards/project since starting this journey on Jan 1, 2012.  I have only purchased a small spool of purple ribbon that I bought at a resale shop for cheap.  I have won some fun products from A La Card Monkey. 

Making these 84 cards (mostly) doesn't even make a dent into my stash by looking at it.  I could make 840 projects and still have tons left.  I am up for the challenge still.  I hope I have encouraged a few more to take the challenge as well.

Ok, back to the card I made for Card Patterns: Sketch 164 challenge.  I just had a bit of the flower paper.  Enough for two cards.  I am saving the other half for my next card....I think.  The flower die from Sizzix has three flowers on it.  I got this die a couple weeks ago at a Swap Meet in Orange County.  What a surprise that trip was.  I stamped the bottom flower white a charcoal ink a itty bitty flower.  Popdots were used under the top blue flower.  The very top flower is pink vellum with a brown button center and a yellow dot.  The base paper is some old CTMH stash that I've had since the 90's.  I used the pearls and the edge trimmer that I won from A La Card Monkey.  This card is full of color and dimensions.

My inspiration

1 comment:

  1. Great card! The layered blue flower looks awesome! Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete