Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Very Dimensional Card

I placed my first order with My Favorite Things this week and got these cute rolled up flowers and the monarch border, and Vertical greetings stamps and dies.  I had so much fun.  I made many more flowers in these colors than I used.  I loved it that I used up quite a bit of my stash, but added some new embellishments to my stash.
color inspiration

Our Creative Corner has a challenge for the Color Trifecta, yellow, kraft and ivory.
sketch inspiration

I used the sketch from iSpy Sketches 14

I was able to use all my new stuff on this one card.  I used yellow mulberry paper.  This scrap was a little thicker than some mulberry that I had in other colors.  I just found a little scrap, enough for the border and the flowers and it was gone.  Whoop!  For added accent I put those adorable pearls.  I am almost done with those.  And I am going to say right now, that I need to get more of those.  See, I used the word NEED not want.  I think it adds additional depth and texture to cards.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Traci
    You have made a wonderful job of the Sketch and the Colour Challenge, your flowers are delightful and I like how you have made the sentiment the focus of your card.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at OCC we are so pleased to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the die cut strips in the background. Very cute. Thanks for visiting our little 'corner' of the blogosphere at the OCC this week! Love having you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...how lovely is this creation! Love the fabulous layers and beautiful flowers. Thank you for sharing with us at OCC. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your little flowers are gorgeous and I adore your colour combo! Great card and thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traci, this is a beautiful card! I love the dimension from the flowers and that is one of my all-time favorite quotes. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete