Saturday, November 30, 2013

Today is YOUR Day for Freshly Made Sketches and 365 Cards






There are so many challenges!  I love having options, but it can be overwhelming.  I follow 100+ blogs.  I was following more.  The past couple of days, I was doing some paring down.  I find that I doubt if I will ever do a digi stamp.  At least not for a while.  So I let those go.  I also found that the year that I've been away, there have been many challenges that are no longer open "on sabbatical" or just called it quits.  I can see how this can be exhausting.

Okay, back to the card and the challenges I chose.  On 365 Cards, Day 334 challenge is to make a card with a gift on it, any theme!  That's perfect.  I don't have to make a Christmas card, thank goodness.  Freshly Made Sketches #114 has a lovely, simple, elegant sketch to play with.
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2013/11/freshly-made-sketches-114-sketch-by.html
I used the swirl embossing folder on the gorgeous green cardstock.  The sentiment, gift, gift lid and bow are from Stamps of Life birthday2celebrate.  I stamped them in Momento Dew Drops in Potter's Clay on another lovely shade of green.  That same color is sponged around the edges too.  I used foam tape under the lid and doubled the thickness of the foam tape for the bow.  I pulled out my Martha Stewart circle cutter.  I find it doesn't take as much pressure on the blade as I was used to.  And the Spellbinder Scalloped edged circle, I used the middle size.  Now at my daughter's suggestion, I am decorating the inside like this:

The stamp is a oldie but a goodie from Close to My Heart.  It's a wooden one.  I know, ancient, right?  I kept a few from the days when I was a demonstrator.  I look forward to using the other stamps too.  Who else have stamps that are 10+ years?

2 comments:

  1. Love your card, and thanks for choosing to play with us! Love that you're working with the stash you already have ... I could take a leaf out of your book! Ruth at 365 Cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the use of the textures and how you used the present as part of the sketch design! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete