Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sherbet Colors with IN{K}SPIRE me


I had some fun with this card.  It was layers upon layers of color and texture.

First, I had to start with a great sketch.  IN{K}SPIRE me Challenge #40 fills the bill.  The color choices are what I had out, so I just went with it.  The base card is actually the peach, which I stamped with a flourish stamp with orange.  I added the pansy lavender which I decided to leave blank.  The pale yellow rectangle is stamped with a small mum stamp from Stamps of Life in bright yellow.  I think it makes a nice background.  I won the edge punch that I used on the blue patterned paper I won from A La Card Monkey.  I layered pink rick rack ribbon on top of that.  The flowers in the corner are chipboard that I cut out this past weekend.  I had several sheets of chipboard in black and white.  I was experimenting with the dies that I had to see what works with it.  I found that the thick dies are all the work with them. 

Because the chipboard is white, I was able to sponge them in orange and pink and add a cute pearl.  Now for the sentiment, those are rub on letters.  This is a slight adjustment of the challenge.  I didn't think I would be this excited in using up so much of my stash, but I am trying to reduce it.

I mentioned in a previous post, I mentioned that the only embellishment I've purchased this year is some purple ribbon that I got at a resale shop for 49 cents.  That is what I used at the top of the card.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, colorful card, Traci! Great use of the "recycled" ribbon. It is always a pleasure to have you play along at our Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice that you had fun creating this card using our sketch! It really brings spring into our homes! Thanks for playing our challenge again! ~ Annemarie

    ReplyDelete