Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Retro Sketches 7 & Play Date Cafe 127 Colors



A few years ago, I saw a how-to video on how to make these flowers.  I was so excited that I made a dozen.  I used them on cards and pages.  I had this one left over for some reason.  In the future I may make my own video on how to make them, once I figure out how to do it.

I feel fortunate that the flower that I had left over is the exact color I needed for this challenge.  I got my color inspiration from The Play Date Cafe 127

I am very taken by this new challenge site, Retro Sketches 7.  I like that their images look hand drawn and that they are multi-layered.  Helps me get through my stash quicker.

The pompom ribbon and the stamped image are prizes that I won from A La Card Monkey....another wonderful challenge site.  The yellow border was cut with a die from Tim Holtz Alterations.  I stamped it in yellow but a light shadowing.  I feel this week I certainly have made a dent in my stash.  I love it that I am depleting my stash.

4 comments:

  1. Love that flower, excellent card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower is really lovely Traci—it's so bold and unique! So glad you played along with us this week at RetroSketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this? Love that pom pom trim and that fabulous flower. :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, I love that flower! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete