Monday, January 9, 2012

365 Cards Day 312 and Challenge Up Your Life #60

365 Cards is having fun this week pairing up pretties for their challenged.  On Day 312, they paired up Black and Checkerboard.  I guess most checkerboard is black and white, but I happened to have scraps of red and yellow checkerboard.

For this card, I didn't choose a challenge sketch, even though I had many to choose from.  I did want to participate in the Challenge Up Your Life #60 Bingo.

inspiration


 When I first made the card, I didn't really have the bingo in mind.  I store all my embellishments by color and found this swirl that I made several years ago from foam.  I do my best to always add a flower somewhere on the card because I have so many...gotta deplete that stash!  I bought this flower last year at the Prima Sidewalk Sale (their HQ is the next town over from mine).  The red button is perfect.  It's hard to see in the pic, but there is a sentiment on the bottom right corner "Just a Note...." that I just got over the weekend from Stamps For Life. As I looked at my card and liked the way it looked, I saw that I was one item short to completing this Bingo Challenge. Adding a ribbon bow on the button completes the bingo challenge.

With my rules of Depleting my Stash, it includes embellishments and papers, not adhesive, stamps, dies (and die cutting machine....which I will be purchasing soon).  With that being said, no new products were purchased to make this card.  I continue to deplete my stash.

Thanks for joining me on my Journey,

Traci, the Depleter


No comments:

Post a Comment