Saturday, January 31, 2015

Watercolor Balloon Birthday

Watercolor Balloon Birthday
I love this balloon set from Lawn Fawn.  Since I had my watercolor palette out, I decided to watercolor some stamped designs.  The background is a wash that I started darker at the top and make lighter at the bottom, but of course I had to turn it around.  I lifted out some color with some kleenex for the clouds. The two smaller balloons are stamped second generation in black to give appearance to be in the distance and in the clouds.  I didn't want them to compete with the large balloon.  The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink.  I used fun foam for the dimension, which is my favorite way to add dimension.  Entering this into just one challenge this week:
http://casology.blogspot.com/2015/01/week-131-birthday.html

2 comments:

  1. Traci, what a brilliant card using so many cool techniques! I do love that balloon image, and your water-colored sky and clouds and stamped off balloons in the distance all work so well together! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercolouring, Traci! I love that rainbow hot air balloon and the outlines in the background! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete