Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Faux Hand Painting Day 7&8

Pardon, another sympathy card.  This one took a bit longer to create.  I decided to be patient and let each layer dry on their own before adding another layer.  This stamp is from The Stamps of Life.  I used distressed ink pads for my colors.  I wasn't too sure about the splattering.  I am not a big fan of this. I went to show this to the in-house critic (my daughter) who dropped in face down onto her keyboard and then slid it before picking it up.  I didn't realize the splattering wasn't dry.  I made a rain drop sort of effect.  I did make masks to cover the flowers to the splattering didn't ruin my work.

I absolutely love this look. One thing is for sure, it's not for a quick and easy card.  I will have to go through my stash to find more images to do this technique.  I

Thanks for stopping by!     Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment