Sunday, January 12, 2014

A card full of textures





I was so excited to get started with the Stenciled! class that I decided to try the embossing paste before the class started.  I used this chevron stencil yesterday on a card where I sponged over the stencil.  I tried many different ways to use this technique, which I will show in another blog entry.  This one turned out the most striking.

I am going to back track just a bit, or maybe just go off a rabbit trail.  I find it funny that when I know I have things to do, I can create SO much.  The thing I have to do is pack and clean my apartment.  I am moving on Friday.  I am not a pack rat.  I get rid of things all the time that I don't use.  I told my daughter that if we haven't use it since we moved in (3 years ago) then either trash it or give it away.  So the packing is easy if we don't have a lot to pack.  Cleaning is a different story.  And I will put that off as long as possible.  Because of the move, I needed to get some spackling and a putty knife to fill in those pesky holes.  And that spackling looks a lot like embossing paste, so I thought I would try it out.  Granted, my embossing paste has not come in yet so I don't have anything to compare to.  I can tell you this, the spackling smells, is odorous.  I like the way it cleaned up,  I don't like the putty knife I have.  Leaves lines.  But, this is how I learn.





Okay, back to the challenge.  I chose to participate in Freshly Made Sketches #118. I love the simple elegance of the sketch allowing the chevrons to take center stage.  The flower is white chipboard with a star brad in the center.  I put a piece of kraft cs behind the hole.  I didn't want the pink showing through.  The sentiment is heat embossed.  I used foam dots to adhere the pink chevron background to a white card, then the pink sentiment strip has foam dots too.  This card is full of textures.  I just love it.

Thanks for stopping by!  Traci

2 comments:

  1. Love this. All the texture is great.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the textures and stenciling. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete