Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MOJO Monday 236 and Color Throwdown 187

Outside of card
Inside of card






















 I couldn't sleep last night and wanted to create some more cards and catch up on the Result show of Dancing with the Stars that I recorded.  Goodbye Sherri, but hello beautiful challenges.  There were so many to choose from and I felt drawn to these two.  I like the idea of having a sentiment as my focal point.
Sketch Inspiration
Mojo Monday #236 has this wonderful sketch this week.  I love their sketches.  They are very inspiring.  I have been going to their site for years to get inspiration.  They have over 200 sketches to choose from

Color Inspiration
Color Throwdown 187 is my color inspiration.  I was definitely challenged with the colors.  As a designer, I think the darkest color should be the base card.  There is just a hint of the chocolate brown, just enough in my opinion.

 I am thrilled that I used up several scraps of patterned paper.  I decorated the inside of the card which helped deplete it even further.  The yellow pompom was a prize I won from A La Card Monkey as well as the pearls.  The sentiment is a stamp from Stamps of Life by Stephanie Bernard.  I used Spellbinder die for the circles on the inside and out.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I too am trying to deplete my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that color scheme. Is that lavender lemonade? Yummy. Good combination of sketch and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete