Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Watercolor Tree Day 9

Yippee!  I am off today and able to do some homework.  This is my tree as I try to replicate Jennifer's.  I used quite a few distress ink pads to get all those colors.  This was our class on how to free hand our watercolor-no stamps.  I like these baby steps into watercoloring. 

I found some white watercolor paper at Hobby Lobby.  It comes in all sizes.  I got 4x6, 12 sheets, 140 lbs, cold press for $1.99.  I was thrilled that I could find some white paper locally.  This did warp quite a bit.  I put it in a computer paper sandwich and ran it through my Big Shot a couple of times and it straightened out nicely.

As for the sentiment, this is the only sympathy stamp I have right now and have several I need to send this week.  I think watercolor is perfect for sympathy cards.



Thanks for stopping by!  Traci

1 comment:

  1. Lovely... perfect sympathy card... have yet to try but maybe later.

    ReplyDelete