Thursday, November 28, 2013

Many Thanks today

Today is Thanksgiving.  Everyone can find something to be thankful for even in the worst of times, right? This card shows some of the ways to say thanks.  For one, I am thankful for the opportunity to deplete more of my stash.




I started with brown CS that is top folded (4.24x5.5). The tag is a #5 manilla shipping tag that I've had for a while.  I used my distressed inks (Wild Honey and Peeled Paint).  I found three different ways to stamp Thanks in black.  I colored in 'thanks'  with brown Prismacolor pencil.  Found a cute button and the square is a cardstock sticker.  I used Martha Stewart's permanent glue on that button.  Digging through my stash I found this yellow paper that is cut with the largest Spellbinder Scalloped circle that I used those delicious distressed inks on. The paper on top was on my table that is cut the next smaller size scalloped circle.  The fall ribbon is from Target $1 bin several years ago.  All  of that on green marbled paper.  To be honest, I've haven't thought too much in the past about decorating the inside, but it does use up more stash-so I'm all for that!

I've linked this to a challenge at 365 Cards Blog #331.  Our word for the day is Thanks.  This is one of my favorite places to look for inspiration.  Actually, it's been the first place I looked when I started back to creating.  In the year I've been away, they have changed their blog design.  Very nice!

1 comment:

  1. 365 Cards was one of my first challenge blogs too! Love that you are creating from your stash! Great card design work, too. Thanks for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete